March 2, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art OLED technologies and materials.
UDC is headquartered in the United States with subsidiaries in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, China, and Ireland. Our international team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world. Our proprietary technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product in the world, from smartwatches and tablets, to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
Position Summary: The Corporate Paralegal will work within a fast-paced team environment in UDC’s Legal Department assisting the attorneys in providing counsel and guidance on commercial contracts, corporate governance, and securities matters. Reporting to the General Counsel, the candidate also will assist in optimizing the corporate legal team’s support framework, along with assisting in the management and execution of department projects and deliverables. The candidate should possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter / independent worker, and a proactive problem solver.
- Prepare and modify form commercial contracts including NDAs, vendor agreements and consulting agreements; provide transactional due diligence assistance as requested
- Maintain and support Legal Department’s contract database management and filing system, including tracking and coordinating contracts for signature through electronic approvals and signature process
- Work closely with all members of the Legal Department on general corporate and contract matters
- Assist in the preparation of Board & Committee meeting materials, including agendas, resolutions, minutes, consents, certificates and other corporate governance documentation; maintain board/committee minute books and other Company records
- Assist with drafting, review and filing of Nasdaq and SEC filings (e.g., Forms 4, 5 and 8-Ks) including exhibit and certificate preparation; maintain related executive compensation records
- Assist with proxy statement drafting and filing, and annual stockholder meeting preparation, including D&O questionnaires and compensation tables
- Maintain legal files, including foreign state/country qualifications, for Company and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including management of Company’s relationship with third-party registered agent
- Support administration of Company’s policies and procedures including Board & Committee charters, insider trading policies, and annual compliance requirements
- Regularly communicate with Company executives and external customers
- Participate in and assist with management of Legal Department projects and deliverables, as requested
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies preferred. Combination of equivalent or greater education and experience will be considered in lieu of a formal Paralegal Studies degree. Relevant Bachelors and higher degrees
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience. Prior inhouse experience with a public company preferred
- Specific experience in the following is a plus: equity/compensation, contracts, legal database management, corporate governance, securities
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Knowledge of Sharepoint, ActiveDislosure (or equivalent financial reporting software), Contract Management software, and/or Section 16 filing and reporting software a plus
- Notary Public Commission a plus
- Attention to detail – Demonstrates high degree of accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Exemplary organization skills
- Solutions Oriented – Hard-working, with high sense of urgency. Able to multi-task and proactively identify and resolve problems without follow up; when appropriate, asks for and offers help
- Professionalism – Customer service focused, with ‘ownership’ mentality. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict and maintaining confidentiality. Able to interface effectively and professionally with Company’s Board members and executives
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information and demonstrates good judgment. Comfortable working with numbers
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Committed to working extended hours when necessary to reach goals.
- Communication skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.