Pilot Line Research Technician (2nd Shift)
April 7, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Technician will operate vacuum deposition equipment including manual and robot island cluster tools in a class 100,000 Clean Room environment. The equipment is designed to fabricate OLEDs. The tools contain several components including metal and organic high vacuum deposition chambers. Tasks include:
- Maintain high vacuum deposition equipment including vacuum pumps, robot, vacuum chambers, and associated electrical equipment. This includes regular preventative maintenance tasks and cleaning procedures.
- Program fabrication recipes through a PC interface and custom software.
- Monitor deposition processes with manual intervention where necessary.
- Trouble shooting of deposition runs.
- Record and log fabrication procedures using a Microsoft Access database and hardcopy data sheets.
- Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
- Interface with other team members scheduling the fabrication runs.
- Operate and maintain a nitrogen glovebox and encapsulation equipment.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- High School Diploma at minimum; AA degree preferred
- 3+ years of industrial experience in a research and development environment, and familiar with operating vacuum systems such as semiconductor processing
- Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and familiar with various internet software programs
- Familiarity with MS Access is desirable
- Willingness to take independent actions and calculated risk
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Track record of gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
- Track record of demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
- Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.