Research Test Technician – 2nd Shift
Ewing, New Jersey
September 26, 2019
The Research Test Technician will operate optoelectronic test equipment to measure OLEDs fabricated at UDC. The test equipment is a custom designed system for testing the basic optoelectronic properties of the OLED.
• Maintain the test setup system and insure all equipment is in calibration.
• Run OLED tests through a PC interface and custom software.
• Gather data through the OLED test system and develop an understanding of the test procedure to insure the integrity of the data.
• Trouble shoot test equipment with the assistance of other engineers who designed the test system.
• Record, log and analyze test procedures using a Microsoft Access database and hardcopy data sheets.
• Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
• Interface with other team members scheduling the test runs.
• Assist with special projects, as needed.
• AA degree in physics, engineering, or related field
• Ability to read and interpret technical information.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Experience with computer applications such as MS Word and familiar with various internet software programs
• Proficient in MS Excel; experience with MS Power Point highly desirable
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
• Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction
• 5+ years of industrial experience in a research and development environment, and familiar with operating electronic and/or optoelectronic test equipment is a plus.