Santa Clara, CA
August 22, 2023
OVJP Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications. OVJP was formed to advance the commercialization of Universal Display’s (UDC) novel, mask-less, solvent-less OLED printing manufacturing platform. OVJP is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California.
OVJP Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on innovative research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
Build, test, and integrate assemblies and systems used to produce advanced large scale display manufacturing equipment.
- Support hardware R&D initiatives from component to system integration
- Develop and fabricate mechanical and electrical components
- Build and integrate mechanical assemblies
- Build and integrate electronic assemblies
- Work with engineers to develop test setup and fixtures, collect data, and generate reports
- Work with engineers for troubleshooting, failure root cause, design modification, and validation
- Maintain, stock, and organize tools, measurement equipment and hardware lab
Requirements/Skills for the role:
- 5+ years of electro-mechanical engineering technician experience in FPD and/or Semiconductor equipment development and manufacturing
- Able to conceptualize and build engineering test setup and hardware from verbal instructions and sketches (as needed) to advance design concept development
- Work experience in fabricating prototype and first article hardware to advance product development
- Work experience with ultra-high precision mechanical system and mechanism, linear stages, air bearing, motors, pneumatics, motion controllers, vision, PC control.
- Work experience with lab, rapid prototyping, and mechanical setup and testing tools (including hand tools, basic machine shop, crimping tool, soldering iron)
- Work experience with laser interferometer, laser and optical displacement measurement sensors, precision gages and blocks, and precision leveling methods
- Experience with basic diagnostic tools such as programmable power supplies, scopes, multimeters
- Knowledge of Mechanical engineering fundamentals, ability to understand mechanical drawing, tolerance, flatness, straightness, pitch, yaw, torque setting, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, ability to read schematic, diagram, cable drawing, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and quality workmanship
- Knowledge and experience with vacuum and test equipment such as pumps, MFCs, leak detectors, RGAs, heaters and their controllers.
- Knowledge and experience with metrology equipment such as profilometers.
- Familiarity with CAD solid models and drawings (Solidworks preferred)
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Package: $70-$100k base/annually + bonus + equity + benefits.