Assistant General Counsel
July 28, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
This position, based in Ewing, NJ, will report to Universal Display Corporation’s Deputy General Counsel but also will work in close collaboration with other members of the UDC Legal team, including UDC’s General Counsel, and with other company executives and senior level employees to provide high quality and timely legal services on a wide range of legal matters in a fast-paced environment, supporting both U.S.-based and international operations.
- Support a wide range of domestic and international transactional matters, including M&A, joint ventures, real estate leasing, commercial contract drafting and interpretation, and other business development activities.
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical oversight on cross-functional teams regarding internal regulatory compliance programs/initiatives.
- Develop, implement, interpret and review corporate policies, including UDC’s code of ethics policy, insider-trading and disclosure policies, and risk management and corporate compliance programs, and provide training on such policies.
- Provide corporate governance assistance and oversight to UDC and its domestic and international subsidiaries (in Europe and Asia).
- Assist in the preparation and review of UDC’s public filings with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 4 and proxy statements.
- Provide legal support on private equity and investment deals by company’s venture arm.
- Provide counsel and oversight on commercial litigation and disputes, internal investigations, employment matters and responses to government inquiries.
- Informally manage and oversee the work of others; serve as a go-to resource in the department and company.
- Manage outside counsel and ensure the company is represented in a cost efficient and effective manner.
- Perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Business-minded and client-service focused, with sound judgment, executive presence, and highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid / demonstrated commercial contract drafting and negotiating skills across a variety of business arrangements, with a superior attention to detail.
- Professional / ownership mentality, with a strong work ethic and a hands-on and practical approach to providing legal services.
- Efficiency and productivity focused; continually looks for ways to enhance and implement improvements on the department’s delivery of legal services.
- A solutions-minded self-starter, able to work independently in general counsel and compliance roles across multiple areas, with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Minimum of 5-10+ years of experience in a sophisticated corporate legal department, including at least three years working at a top-tier law firm.
- Active member of the New Jersey bar or admitted in another jurisdiction with the ability to become licensed to practice in New Jersey.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis, as needed.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.