Quality Management & Environmental Health and Safety Systems
As a leading technology and material supplier to the Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) industry, Universal Display Corporation (UDC, or the Company) is committed to developing, producing and delivering high-quality, energy-efficient, phosphorescent organic light-emitting device (PHOLED) products to our customers in the display and lighting industries using best practices in quality as well as environmental, health and safety (EHS) management.
UDC integrates quality, environmental, health/safety, sustainability and social responsibility considerations into all aspects of our business, including through:
- Product design;
- Responsible manufacturing (through our manufacturing partner, PPG);
- Informed customer use;
- Maintenance of safe and healthy workplaces;
- Supply chain management; and
- Compliance with all applicable government regulations and standards.
As part of the Company’s commitment to excellence, we are certified under:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS) – Scope: Product design, development, manufacturing (outsourced), and marketing/sales of UDC Phosphorescent Organic Light Emitting Device (UniversalPHOLED) materials, headquartered in Ewing, NJ, USA. The Company has had this certification since 2009; and
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems (EHS) – Scope: Phosphorescent Organic Light Emitting Device (UniversalPHOLED) research and development, material sales, and supporting operations and processes at our Ewing, NJ, USA location. The Company has had this certification since early 2018.
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management Systems – Scope: Ewing, NJ, USA location. The Company has had this certification since 2021.
PPG, UDC’s exclusive manufacturer of its UniversalPHOLED emitters, and UDC’s largest supplier, has excellent management systems that drive quality, EHS, sustainability and social responsibility. As part of PPG’s management systems, PPG is certified under:
- Responsible Care®, through the American Chemistry Council (ACC), which is the chemical manufacturing industry’s environmental, health, safety and security performance program
- ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality Management System (QMS) – Scope: Manufacturer of OLED Materials (BBTN)
Integrated Management Systems Policy and Objectives
The Company’s core principles are governed by the following policies (which are reviewed and approved by the Company’s Board of Directors on an annual basis):
Provide high-quality, energy-efficient and environmentally-minded OLED products and technologies to satisfy our customers
Heighten awareness and engagement of our stakeholders, including all employees, suppliers and contractors, to foster our core values of quality, health, safety, sustainability, and social responsibility
Operate in compliance with all customer, regulatory, statutory and corporate governance requirements
Listen to feedback from customers, all employees, and other interested parties to better meet their needs and expectations
Evolve our processes and systems, via measurement and analysis, to drive continual improvement
Demonstrate UDC’s commitment to minimizing EHS impacts by preventing pollution, reducing waste and mitigating workplace hazards that may lead to injury and/or illness
Safeguard UDC’s assets, including sensitive information, by managing risks and opportunities effectively
Our core QMS goals are:
- Produce and deliver commercial products to our customers cost-effectively, on-time, every time;
- Satisfy the customer by delivering product and support that meets their needs;
- Deliver consistently high product quality;
- Introduce new products to meet customer needs on a timely and cost-effective basis; and
- Manage business and product risks and opportunities effectively.
We integrate EHS considerations into all aspects of our business, including product design, responsible manufacturing and informed customer use, compliance with all applicable government regulations and standards, maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace, and creating a responsible environmental footprint in the context of a growing enterprise. Through the Company’s ISO14001:2015 certified systems, UDC has developed effective environmental management systems. Key EHS initiatives include worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, training, and pollution prevention and control. We are committed to conducting all aspects of operations in a manner that protects our employees, visitors, and contractors as well as the people, property, and environment of the communities in which we operate. We are also committed to continual improvement of our systems with an eye toward global sustainability.
Our EHS goals and objectives are published in our annual CSR report.
Our policies and core goals are achieved through management and measurement of detailed objectives (including customer satisfaction scores, water usage and waste generation measurements), regular management reviews, and risk and opportunity assessments. UDC’s leadership team is committed and engaged in all Company processes and programs, which is central to our success. This leadership commitment and engagement drives awareness and a culture throughout the Company and its supply chain that quality, EHS, sustainability and social responsibility are all critical to UDC, our community and our stakeholders.
UDC is dedicated to continual improvement. Our valued and varied stakeholders play an important role in helping us to continually improve our management systems. We continue to make enhancements in these systems. We welcome feedback from our stakeholders to help us to better address their needs and improve the world in which we live.