Quality Management & Environmental Health and Safety Systems
As a leading technology and material supplier to the Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) industry, Universal Display Corporation (UDC, or the Company) is committed to developing, producing and delivering high-quality, energy-efficient, phosphorescent organic light-emitting device (PHOLED) products to our customers in the display and lighting industries using best practices in quality as well as environmental, health and safety (EHS) management.
UDC integrates quality, environmental, health/safety, sustainability and social responsibility considerations into all aspects of our business, including through:
- Product design;
- Responsible manufacturing (through our manufacturing partner, PPG);
- Informed customer use;
- Maintenance of safe and healthy workplaces;
- Supply chain management; and
- Compliance with all applicable government regulations and standards.
As part of the Company’s commitment to excellence, we are certified under:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS) – Scope: Product design, development, manufacturing (outsourced), and marketing/sales of UDC Phosphorescent Organic Light Emitting Device (UniversalPHOLED) materials, headquartered in Ewing, NJ, USA. The Company has had this certification since 2009; and
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems (EHS) – Scope: Phosphorescent Organic Light Emitting Device (UniversalPHOLED) research and development, material sales, and supporting operations and processes at our Ewing, NJ, USA location. The Company has had this certification since early 2018.
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management Systems – Scope: Ewing, NJ, USA location. The Company has had this certification since 2021.
PPG, UDC’s exclusive manufacturer of its UniversalPHOLED emitters, and UDC’s largest supplier, has excellent management systems that drive quality, EHS, sustainability and social responsibility. As part of PPG’s management systems, PPG is certified under:
- Responsible Care®, through the American Chemistry Council (ACC), which is the chemical manufacturing industry’s environmental, health, safety and security performance program
- ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality Management System (QMS) – Scope: Manufacturer of OLED Materials (BBTN)
Integrated Management Systems Policy
The Company’s core principles are governed by the following policies (which are reviewed and approved by the Company’s Board of Directors on an annual basis):
Provide high-quality, energy-efficient and environmentally-minded OLED products and technologies to satisfy our customers
Heighten awareness and engagement of our stakeholders, including all employees, suppliers and contractors, to foster our core values of quality, health, safety, sustainability, and social responsibility
Operate in compliance with all customer, regulatory, statutory and corporate governance requirements
Listen to feedback from customers, all employees, and other interested parties to better meet their needs and expectations
Evolve our processes and systems, via measurement and analysis, to drive continual improvement
Demonstrate UDC’s commitment to minimizing EHS impacts by preventing pollution, reducing waste and mitigating workplace hazards that may lead to injury and/or illness
Safeguard UDC’s assets, including sensitive information, by managing risks and opportunities effectively
Please reference our Corporate Sustainability Report for specific objectives and results.