June 9, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Engineer position will leverage prior lab experience to advise team members on experimental observations and ideation, while simultaneously designing and developing methods for fabricating innovative OLED device structures. Duties of this position include conceptualization, fabrication, and characterization of OLED devices. This role will involve strong collaboration with device scientists and work closely in a lab environment with other team members.
- Work closely with technicians and other engineers to understand lab observations, advise on next steps, and generate new experimental ideas.
- Investigate scientific questions by designing and performing lab experiments, including parsing scientific literature for experimental design inspiration and interpretation of results.
- Draw conclusions from experiments, summarize, and present findings.
- Operate various processing tools, including spin coater, glove boxes, fume hoods, deposition tools, etc.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in materials science, electrical engineering, physics, chemical engineering, chemistry, or a related field. Experience with nanomaterials and processing is preferred.
- Working experience in a class 1000 or better cleanroom, with knowledge of various fabrication and characterization methods, such as nanoimprint lithography, Langmuir-Blodgett deposition, spin coating, atomic layer deposition, electron beam lithography, focused ion beam lithography, thermal evaporation, plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition, atomic force microscopy, ellipsometry, scanning electron microscopy, etc.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of organic electronics is a plus, and experience in MATLAB or Python is preferred.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy, thoroughness, and perseverance.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.