Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
April 21, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The EHS Specialist will work with the EHS Manager to plan, implement, and improve UDC’s environmental, health and safety management systems to promote a positive EHS culture, safe and healthy workplace, and maintain regulatory compliance. The EHS Specialist will collaborate with and provide EHS support to employees and management, monitor and measure EHS program implementation and performance, and will respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Provides EHS support in promoting safety awareness and safe work practices to achieve a positive EHS culture and maintain regulatory compliance with company policies, local, State and Federal requirements
- Assists in development and implementation of EHS policies, procedures and guidelines
- Partners with the EHS manager in regulatory recordkeeping and reporting with agencies including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, NJDEP, DOT, NJ OEM, etc
- Maintains regulatory knowledge in applicable EPA, OSHA, NJDEP, and DOT regulations
- Conducts inspections and audits, as required to ensure compliance with Company Policies and regulatory compliance, as well as mitigate any identified hazardous conditions and/or unsafe acts with employees and management
- Participates in incident investigations and assists with development of corrective actions, and completion of reports as required
- Participates in Capital Project processes to review and comment on Project Safety Plans, conducts project walk-throughs for continued Safety Plan alignment, and attends meetings to provide safety observations and discuss any potential employee health and safety concerns
- Assists with development and review of job safety analysis, site work plans, and safety plans as requested
- Develops, conducts and coordinates EHS-related trainings, as needed
- Participates in site EHS meetings, including, but not limited to, Safety Committee, Chemical Hygiene Committee, and Area Lab Safety Meetings
- Reviews and communicates with employees on EHS concerns and tracks actions to closure
- Responds in timely fashion to emergency response, and other incidents and provides EHS support at these incidents
- Assist with internal audit program, maintenance of ISO 14001 certification and ISO 45001 certification
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in environment management, occupational health and safety, or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience in the environmental, health and safety field
- ASP, CSP, or other relevant certifications preferred
- Experience with ISO 14001/45001 certifications preferred
- Experience working in a lab setting, including laser and radiation safety experience preferred
- Understanding of EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations
- Basic understanding of ergonomics and industrial hygiene practices
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Energetic interpersonal skills and a professional presence
- Ability to work effectively with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams
- At times position will require long periods of standing, walking, sitting, pulling, pushing, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Climb and descend ladders and stairs
- Situationally required to wear appropriate PPE including eye and hearing protection
- Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.