Wafer Process Technician (Split Shift)
February 24, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Wafer Process Technician will operate, maintain and repair wafer fabrication equipment including manual and automated tools in a class 100 Clean Room environment, as well as perform manual fabrication tasks such as manual etching and visual inspection
The equipment operations function is to fabricate OLED substrates including some OLED prototypes. The OLED fabrication process involves typical wafer fabrication steps of photolithography, wet etching, metal deposition and wafer inspection. Tasks include:
- Perform all process steps required to manufacture OLED substrates
- Inspect photoresist patterns for defects
- Complete various equipment PMs on schedule
- Debug and repair equipment when required
- Record and log experimental results using a Microsoft Access database and other Microsoft tools
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Interface with other team members for input of tasks and reporting results
- Ensure work practices and activities are safe and ensure compliance with environmental, safety and health standards
- Assists with special projects, as needed
- Applicable industry experience in a cleanroom environment. Associate degree in a technical field preferred
- Industrial experience in a research and development environment, and familiarity with front end wafer processing preferred
- Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Word and familiar with various internet software programs.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality and productivity.
- Good understanding of safety protocol working with and around hazardous materials.
- Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision.
Incumbent must be comfortable working in an ISO 5 clean room and be able to handle and lift full containers or equipment parts up to 35 lbs. Employee will work in a lab environment with some exposure to hazards, such as solvents. Applicable PPE supplied and to be worn at all times as required based on lab conditions.
*This position will work a split shift that bridges first and second.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.