October 15, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The testing and data processing infrastructure at UDC is continuously expanding and improving to meet the needs of a growing research and development team. The OLED Test Engineer will be part of a professional team engaged in the development and maintenance of custom-built automatic testers for OLED materials and devices. He will also be involved in expanding, improving and maintaining large SQL databases.
This position will work from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM. One of the goals for this role is to act as an intermediary between first and second shift.
- Be responsible for calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the existing and future testing infrastructure
- Develop testing methodology of OLED devices
- Development of novel OLED diagnostic and testing methods including hardware design and build, software development and hardware interfacing, and troubleshooting this equipment
- Participate in the development of fast database searching tools, including advanced processing and reporting of the results
- Carry out basic research measurements including studying device performance as well as the basic properties of organic thin films, summarizing results and reporting the data
- BS or MS degree in physics or related field
- Experience designing, building and troubleshooting of electronic and optical testing equipment.
- Experience in programming and databases (Python/C#/C++, MSSQL)
- Experience with high level data acquisition and processing
- Ability to interface and control the scientific instrumentation to automatically perform measurements and process and store the data (VEE/LabView)
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of organic thin film devices manufacturing, and testing is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
*Please do not apply if you have completed a PhD.