Research Chemist (Computational Chemistry)
March 10, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
Summary: This is a great opportunity to work for a leading global company in the growing OLED industry. Universal Display Corporation (UDC) has an immediate position available within our computational chemistry group to work on the development of OLEDs. The ideal candidate will have experience in quantum chemistry, demonstrated programming ability, and strong collaboration skills.
- Collaborate closely with the experimental discovery research team in the development of new OLED materials through computation.
- Perform calculations of electronic properties of OLED materials.
- Develop and maintain procedures to streamline computations.
- Analyze computational and experimental data to identify optimal leads.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Physics. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience with computational methods including Density Functional Theory; familiarity with other ab initio methods or Molecular Dynamics.
- Proficiency in programming languages. Specifically, Python and/or shell scripting are a plus.
- Strong writing, communication and analytical skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to shifting priorities
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience calculating the electronic and optical properties of large molecules
- Experience supporting and maintaining Linux computers
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.