March 1, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
This Research Chemist position will work together with the analytical and thermal teams at UDC to understand the morphological properties of our phosphorescent materials. In addition, this role will collaborate with the Research and Development team to carry out special projects, including ideation, design of experiment and reporting results to fellow scientists. This requires a conscientious, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills that is up to the challenge of working in the fast paced and challenging field of OLEDs.
- Perform purity analyses using HPLC/MS.
- Analyze thermal properties using TGA, DSC and related techniques.
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with 0-2 years of applicable industry or academic experience.
- Knowledge of modern analytical techniques, including: HPLC, Mass Spectrometry, TGA, and DSC, and CV.
- Strong understanding of organic and/or organometallic chemistry.
- Wet chemistry, purification and/or crystallization experience strongly desired
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Experienced in basic computer software and internet applications.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of or experience with organic electronics, thermal analysis (DSC, TGA etc.) or PXRD is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We are not considering PhDs for this position. Please do not apply if you have completed a PhD.