Research Chemist (Photophysics)
May 28, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials.
UDC is headquartered in the United States with subsidiaries in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, China, and Ireland. Our international team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world. Our proprietary technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product in the world, from smartwatches and tablets, to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
- Perform routine photophysical measurements and analysis including: steady-state and time-based fluorimetry, transient decay measurements, UV-Vis absorption spectrophotometry, photoluminescent quantum yields.
- Preparation of solids state and solution samples for relevant measurements
- Operation, maintenance, and improvement of photophysical measurement equipment
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with applicable lab experience.
- Knowledge of modern photophysical characterization techniques (fluorimeter, TCSPC, PLQY/integrating sphere, UV, IR), relevant sample-preparation techniques, and instrumentation for the characterization of organic and organometallic compounds.
- Experienced in basic computer software and internet application. Ability to create scripts for automation or data analysis is a plus.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of organic electronics is a plus
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.