Key Technical Account Manager (UDC Korea)
Pangyo Techno Valley, South Korea
February 6, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed corporate headquarters facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge scientific research, technology development, fabrication of engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
UDC Korea PHOLED Application Center (UDC Korea, Ltd) is one of the UDC subsidiaries in Asia, taking charge of internal R&D tasks and technical support service for all customers in the region of Korea.
The Key Technical Account Manager will be responsible for leading all technical communications with the customer as part of the integrated UDC team based in Korea. These responsibilities include understanding the customer’s roadmap and working with UDC colleagues to achieve the targets and deliver to the customer on schedule. The Account Manager will work together with UDC Korea PHOLED Application Lab Head in addition to UDC HQ PHOLED R&D Leaders to achieve these goals. Additionally, the Key Technical Account Manager will support the QC/QA qualification of materials through the transition from initial testing to mass production usage at the customer working in partnership with UDC colleagues. This technical interface to the customer is critical to ensure positive business progress utilizing UDC’s state-of-the-art OLED technologies.
In this role, the Key Technical Account Manager would be based in UDC Korea (located in Pangyo). They would travel to various customer and partner locations within Korea and also travel to UDC HQ in New Jersey on a flexible basis to keep current with the technology development.
- In depth understanding of the customer’s technology roadmaps and remain current in overall industry trends by networking and attending local conferences. Communicate all information in written reports.
- Remain current on UDC technology status and roadmap. Apply current results into customers’ application – working in partnership with UDC Korea PHOLED Application Lab Leader and UDC HQ Leaders. Visit UDC HQ for practical training updates at least twice a year.
- Communicate on a weekly basis to UDC HQ team the action items and status with each customer
- Follow-up on each new material shipped to a customer and provide feedback to UDC HQ on the customers’ data and comments
- Establish regular technical working relationship with customer and associated partnerships, set milestones and work with UDC HQ to achieve these milestones.
- Perform application engineering projects on a case by case basis.
- Work with UDC Korea Application Lab Leader to setup and hold Joint Engineering Experiments with Customer at our state-of-the-art laboratory in Pangyo.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Basic Sciences.
- Industrial and/or academic experience in OLED technology is preferable. A candidate with strong background in LCD or semiconductor technology and a strong desire/capability to learn OLED technology may also be considered.
- Proficient with data analysis software (MS Excel, Origin or other data analysis software)
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with strong technical presentation skills.
- Business communication skill both in Korean and English
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.