Test and Measurement Technician (2nd Shift)
July 9, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Test Technician will operate optoelectronic test equipment to measure OLEDs fabricated at UDC. The test equipment is a custom designed system for testing the basic optoelectronic properties of the OLED.
• Maintain the test setup system and insure all equipment is in calibration.
• Run OLED tests through a PC interface and custom software.
• Gather data through the OLED test system and develop an understanding of the test procedure to insure the integrity of the data.
• Trouble shoot test equipment with the assistance of other engineers who designed the test system.
• Record, log and analyze test procedures using a Microsoft Access database and hardcopy data sheets.
• Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
• Interface with other team members scheduling the test runs.
• Assist with special projects, as needed.
• AA degree in physics, engineering, or related field
• Ability to read and interpret technical information.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Experience with computer applications such as MS Word and familiar with various internet software programs
• Proficient in MS Excel; experience with MS Power Point highly desirable
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
• Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction
• Minimum 5+ years of industrial experience in a research and development environment, and familiar with operating electronic and/or optoelectronic test equipment is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.