Technical Support Engineer (UDC Korea)
Pangyo Techno Valley, South Korea
February 6, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed corporate headquarters facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge scientific research, technology development, fabrication of engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
UDC Korea PHOLED Application Center (UDC Korea, Ltd) is one of the UDC subsidiaries in Asia, taking charge of internal R&D tasks and technical support service for all customers in the region of Korea.
Summary: This is a great opportunity in a growing company in the exciting OLED industry. We are seeking a candidate that has a strong work ethic, is highly organized, self-motivated, and can adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. As a part of UDC Korea team, you will be working with our technical account manager to support UDC’s various R&D activities for a key customer and to engage with any technical topics including quality. You will be a person on the front line maintaining a direct communication with the customer. Active engagement is a must for this position to tackle daily tasks.
- Actively engage and satisfy customer needs during their development/commercialization process.
- Daily operations support of R&D activities.
- Establish strong customer relationships.
- Ability to ask targeted questions to customers to provide solutions to their concerns quickly.
- Track customer’s development projects from inception to commercialization.
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail or in-person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal resource.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Communicate any technical item related to commercial/R&D stage product(s).
- Ensure all events are logged accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/task simultaneously.
- Bachelor or higher degree required
- Minimum 2 years (4+ years preferred) of relevant experience as a Technical Support Engineer/Field Engineer
- Work experience in display technology preferred but not required
- Strong communication skill in both English and Korean
- Excellent problem-solving and inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to meet/support the customer
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.