Summer Research Intern
February 24, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Job summary: The Research Intern position will assist in daily lab experiments on innovative OLED device structures. Opportunities include independent experimentation, data analysis, and presentation of scientific results. The role will involve strong collaboration with Research Technicians, Engineers, and Scientists and will work in a team environment.
Assist Research Technicians and Engineers in carrying out daily lab experiments in a cleanroom environment.
- Gain exposure to the scientific process by interacting with Research Scientists on design of experiments and interpretation of results.
- Draw conclusions from experiments, summarize, and present findings.
- Operate various processing tools, including spin coater, glove boxes, fume hoods, etc.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Working toward a Bachelor of Science degree in materials science, chemistry, physics, or engineering.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience communicating technical findings to others in a clear and effective manner.
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Working experience in a class 1000 or better cleanroom is a plus.
- Knowledge of organic electronics and/or prior work with nanoparticles is a plus.
- Experience in MATLAB or Python is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.