Senior Qualification Technician
January 3, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Senior Qualification Technician supports the Company’s Material Business. Key activities include fabrication of OLED devices and product qualification testing, maintenance of OLED deposition and test equipment, and compilation of data for engineering review.
- Operate and maintain vacuum deposition equipment including vacuum pumps, robot, vacuum chambers, associated electrical equipment, nitrogen glovebox, and encapsulation tool.
- Troubleshoot abnormal deposition runs, with the equipment vendor if needed. This includes analysis of equipment logfiles as well.
- Work with the equipment vendor(s) to troubleshoot issues and improve functionality, including throughput, ease-of-use, and overall quality
- Draft and maintain SOPs for equipment operation and maintenance
- Train and mentor new technicians
- Interface with other team members in scheduling fabrication runs
- Gather/record data from the equipment and generate reports and graphs using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other database/scientific software.
- Follow SOPs and quality practices in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard.
- Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
- High School Diploma at minimum; AA degree preferred
- 7-10 years of industrial experience in a technology environment, and familiar with high-vacuum operations such as semiconductor processing
- Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Office and familiar with various internet software programs.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Track record of gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Actively participates and contributes to a team environment.
- Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality and productivity.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.