Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
September 30, 2022
OVJP Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications. OVJP was formed to advance the commercialization of Universal Display’s (UDC) novel, mask-less, solvent-less OLED printing manufacturing platform. OVJP is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California.
OVJP Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on innovative research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company.
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Lead and/or participate in the design and development of Flat Panel Display Equipment as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Conceptualize, design, build and test ultra-high precision positioning systems and mechanisms for ultra-high vacuum operation
- Work closely with OVJP engineering management and other engineers in evaluating subsystem performance and optimization tradeoffs
- Responsible for specific subsystem design and integration in to the overall hardware architecture
- MS, or BS, or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years of progressive machine design engineering experience
- Must have a solid engineering background with design emphasis on multi axis positioning systems and mechanisms, exposure to various systems and platform architectures and motion control technologies. Experience with various types of precision linear guide/bearings. Air bearings, encoders, linear motors, linear actuators, vibration isolation/dampeners, sensors, and cameras.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in team environment across R&D and Operations
- Experience in fast paced operations engineering environment
- Knowledge of equipment design techniques, tools.
- Experience in selection materials and fabrication techniques to meet design requirements.
- Be able to perform required analysis to insure successful design, stress, strain and thermal flow tolerance and mass optimization.
- Must be able to derive design requirements from market and system requirements and take ownership of subsystem design from concept to hardware completion, including testing and field support.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Experience with design for ultra-high vacuum operation and capability is preferred but not required.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.