Senior IT Help Desk Administrator
April 25, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Under general supervision, take ownership of day-to-day helpdesk operations by delivering excellent customer service to a global workforce. Provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to all UDC and subsidiary system users by performing thorough question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a hands on environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network printer problems; track and escalate severe issues and problem trends to upper tier support and/or management; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
- Implementing and developing standard operating procedures, checklists, helpdesk reporting, and KPI’s
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Oversee user and asset onboarding/decommissioning, new hire forecasting
- Dedication to developing helpdesk workflows and processes that support standardization
- Management of service desk ticket lifecycle including triage, documentation, escalation, communication, and closure
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems for software and hardware
- Contributes to weekly meetings to recap helpdesk activity, inventory, observed trends, and provides other reporting and metrics
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for approved Personal Computer (PC) software
- Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and e-mail
- Coordinates timely repair of computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Performs desktop hardware repair for equipment and peripherals that are not covered by maintenance agreements
- Maintains inventory and tracks software, hardware, and licensing assets
- Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards and switches
- Creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs) and self-help documentation
- Great communication and organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Eager to learn and support new technologies
- 10+ years of related experience in a user-facing service desk role demonstrating a strong desire to help others and strong technical abilities
- Positive outlook, excellent problem solving, technical writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Unwavering professionalism, leadership, and excellent customer service skills
- Technical Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP is a plus, but equivalent work experience considered.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (client/server)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to provide support outside of normal business hours
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.