Research Test Engineer
May 2, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The testing and data processing infrastructure at UDC is continuously expanding and improving to meet the needs of a growing research and development team. The Test Engineer will be part of a professional team engaged in the development and maintenance of custom built automatic testers for OLED materials and devices. They will also serve as the lead to the in-house spectroradiometer and digital-to-analog converter calibration program.
- Applies knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibration of Test Measurement, & Diagnostic Equipment.
- Perform measurement systems analysis to ensure traceability, analysis accuracy, and precision requirements.
- Write and review calibration procedures/processes as necessary, maintain calibration reports for proper traceability.
- Analyze measurement processes throughout the relevant traceability chain to identify and quantify measurement uncertainty
- Development of novel OLED diagnostic and testing methods including hardware design and build, software development, and hardware interfacing.
- Carry out basic research measurements, summarizing the results and reporting the data.
- BS or MS degree in physics, engineering, or related field.
- Experience designing, building, and troubleshooting of electronic and optical testing equipment.
- Experience with high level data acquisition, analysis, and processing.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of organic thin film device manufacturing and testing is a plus.
- Optical experimental design is highly desired.
- Knowledge of instrumentation calibration, and data analysis are highly desired.
- Experience in the interface and control of scientific instrumentation for automated measurements is highly desired
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.