Research Scientist (PHOLED Device Scientist)
March 24, 2023
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Scientist (PHOLED Device Scientist) will devise experiments and analyze results to increase understanding of OLED devices and materials. They will then apply that understanding to increase the efficiency and stability of PHOLED devices. The scientist will also be responsible for communicating their results and methods to a broader audience within UDC. The scientist will have the opportunity to drive the development of key R&D projects in an emerging industry.
- Investigate scientific questions by designing and performing lab experiments, including parsing scientific literature and interpretation of complex results
- Support new OLED materials and device designs to speed up product commercialization
- Communicate complex research results to key internal groups to solve complex research questions
- Generate new intellectual property based on technical achievements
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ph.D. in materials science, chemistry, physics, engineering, or a related field
- Previous experience with organic emissive materials, organic electronic materials, nanoparticles, or nanolithography is a plus
- Strong communication skills, an ideal candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technology in clear discernable terms
- Experience using programing for scientific data reporting and modeling
- Example languages include MATLAB, Python, Mathematica, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.