Research Scientist-Solid State Chemistry
January 2, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey (in the greater Princeton area). In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
1. Review crystal morphology of small molecules using solid state techniques such as XRPD, TGA, modulated DSC and microscopy. Understand relationship between crystal morphology and thermal properties of small molecules.
2. Perform routine analyses using the following analytical techniques; NMR, MS, HPLC, UV, IR, TLC and electrochemistry.
3. Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
4. Assist with special projects, as needed.
- PhD Degree in Materials Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of modern analytical techniques used for solid-state characterization and crystal morphology.
- Extensive knowledge of thermal properties of small molecules; solid-solid transitions, glass transition, thermal events and sublimation properties
- Strong track record of high productivity in the design and synthesis of organic and/or organometallic molecules.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Experienced in basic computer software and internet applications.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of organic electronics is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.