Research Scientist (Photophysical Chemistry)
September 23, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Scientist position will design and develop innovative materials for OLED technology. Duties of this position include modeling, design, analysis and characterization of organic and organometallic compounds with an emphasis on studying the electrochemical and photophysical properties of materials. In addition, this role will entail the fabrication and study of organic thin films and the exploration of new characterization techniques. This role will be a strong collaborator with our chemists and engineers to improve OLED materials and devices.
- Investigation of novel photophysical process and decomposition mechanisms inorganic and organometallic compounds.
- Operation and maintenance of photophysical measurement equipment and the design of new measurement capabilities fororganic and organometallic compounds.
- Perform photophysical measurements and analysis on organic and/or organometallic compounds including: steady-state and time-based fluorimetry, transient decay measurements, UV-Vis absorption spectrophotometry, photoluminescent quantum yields.
- Oversight of projects and experiments related to the fabrication and characterization of organic thin films and assisting in expanding fabrication and characterization capabilities.
- Collaboration with chemists and engineers to improve materials and devices.
- PhD in chemistry, physics, material science, or related field
- In depth understanding and proven experience with photophysical and electrochemical characterization techniques (fluorimeter, TCSPC, PLQY/integrating sphere, UV, IR), relevant sample-preparation techniques, and instrumentation for the characterization of organic and organometallic compounds.
- Experience with optical and laser components and experience with maintenance and calibration of optical equipment, experience designing optical measurements with a cryostat is a plus.
- Experience in solution and vacuum deposition of organic thin film fabrication and characterization.
- Experienced in basic computer software and internet applications including: ChemDraw, Origin, MS Office suite. Ability to create scripts for automation or data analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.