Research Scientist-OLED Device Development (Bilingual in Korean and English)
February 10, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
Research Scientist: OLED Device Development (Bilingual in Korean and English)
This position reports into the OLED Device R&D Department. This role will be responsible for project management of several activities within the OLED Device R&D department including developing new phosphorescent device architectures, transferring technology to commercial partners, and developing intellectual property. The scientist will have the opportunity to take part in the development of an exciting technology in an emerging industry.
The Research Scientist, in support of the Vice President of PHOLED R&D, will provide technical vision and tactical execution necessary to ensure that their project leadership is consistent with department technical milestones and the company’s broader strategic business objectives.
- Ensure that all tactical and strategic scientific initiatives undertaken promote UDC’s business vision.
- Assist in technology transfer to partners and customers in Korea.
- Assist the Vice President of PHOLED R&D in development of strategic and tactical initiatives in support of the business.
- Assist the Vice President of PHOLED R&D in providing technical vision, and to drive his / her assigned project teams to produce critical results at a rapid pace.
- Direct project leadership of technical teams.
- Use a hands-on approach to achieving project goals.
- Work in a cross disciplinary environment to support other projects and departments in pursuit of UDC’s technical and business goals.
- Write technical reports.
- Develop IP.
- Minimum Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related study.
- Academic or industry experience in materials and thin film organic electronics, or semiconductors.
- Experience in a foreword facing customer role as an intermediary between R&D and commercial manufacturing teams.
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Highly motivated and confident scientific professional with a high degree of integrity.
- Track record of working in teams that have met their assigned project goals.
- Strong communication skills – will be accustomed to participating in high-level technical discussions, while at the same time, possessing the ability to discuss complex technology in clear discernible terms.
- Ability to develop a positive working environment and to excite others in order to achieve personal and corporate goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong and proven leadership skills within a rapidly growing environment.
- Self-starter with intense desire and drive to “make things happen”.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.