Research Scientist (Organic/Organometallic Chemistry)
September 23, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Research Scientist position will design and develop innovative materials for OLED technology. Duties of this position include modeling, design, analysis and characterization of organic and organometallic compounds with an emphasis on molecular design of novel materials and understanding the properties of the materials. This role will be a strong collaborator with our chemists and engineers to improve OLED materials and devices.
- Design innovative materials and develop in-depth knowledge of organic electronic material properties, synthesis and applications.
- Perform design, synthesis, purification, analysis and characterization of small to medium scale organic and/or organometallic compounds.
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge technology development and application in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Stay up to date with scientific literature.
- Be able to write and interpret technical information and effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Be responsible for certain instrument maintenance and other lab duties.
- Collaboration with chemists and engineers to improve materials and devices.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science, or related field
- In depth understanding and proven experience with the synthesis and characterization of organic and organometallic compounds.
- Knowledge of modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, UV, IR, TLC) and instrumentation for the isolation and identification of organic compounds.
- In depth knowledge of organic electronics including light-emitting diodes, transistors, or photovoltaics.
- Experienced in basic computer software and internet applications including: ChemDraw, Origin, MS Office suite. Ability to create scripts for automation or data analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in an efficient, proactive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and thoroughness.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.