Quality Technician (2nd Shift)
January 19, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
The Quality Technician supports the Company’s Material Business. Key activities include fabrication of OLED devices and product qualification testing, compilation of data for engineering review, maintenance of OLED deposition and test equipment, and working in a leadership capacity for junior technicians on the shift.
- Operate and maintain vacuum deposition equipment including vacuum pumps, robot, vacuum chambers, associated electrical equipment, nitrogen glovebox, and encapsulation tool.
- Troubleshoot abnormal deposition runs, with the equipment vendor if needed. This includes analysis of equipment logfiles as well.
- Work with the equipment vendor(s) to troubleshoot issues and improve functionality, including throughput, ease-of-use, and overall quality
- Draft and maintain SOPs for equipment operation and maintenance
- Train and mentor new technicians
- Interface with other team members in scheduling fabrication runs
- Operate OLED test and measurement equipment (through a PC interface and custom software) to collect reliable data for Material Business product qualification.
- Gather/record data from the OLED test systems and generate test reports and graphs using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other database/scientific software.
- Ensure that all test systems are maintained properly, including through scheduled calibrations.
- Follow SOPs and quality practices in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
- High School Diploma at minimum; AA degree preferred
- 5+ years of industrial experience in a technology environment, and familiar with assembly/test operations such as semiconductor processing
- Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Office and familiar with various internet software programs.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Track record of gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Actively participates and contributes to a team environment.
- Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality and productivity.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.