Qualification Technician (2nd Shift)
May 2, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Qualification Technician supports the Company’s Material Business. Key activities involve operating vacuum deposition equipment including manual and robot island cluster tools in a class 100,000 Clean Room environment. The equipment’s operational function is to fabricate OLED devices for product testing and qualification. The OLED fabrication tools contain several components including metal and organic vacuum deposition chambers.
- Maintain vacuum deposition equipment including vacuum pumps, robot, vacuum chambers, and associated electrical equipment. This includes regular preventative maintenance tasks, cleaning procedures and working with the equipment vendor as necessary.
- Program fabrication recipes through a PC interface and custom software.
- Monitor deposition processes with manual intervention where necessary.
- Troubleshooting of deposition runs, including analysis of equipment logfiles.
- Record and log fabrication procedures and data using a Microsoft Access database and hardcopy data sheets.
- Follow SOPs and quality practices in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard.
- Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
- Interface with other team members scheduling the fabrication runs.
- Operate and maintain nitrogen glovebox and encapsulation equipment.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- High School Diploma at minimum; AA degree preferred
- 3+ years of industrial experience in a technology environment, and familiar with operating vacuum systems such as semiconductor processing
- Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Office and familiar with various internet software programs
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Track record of gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
- Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality and productivity
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.