Process Technician (2nd Shift)
May 21, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers.
Universal Display Corporation is seeking a process technician to support the development of Organic Vapor-Jet Printing (OVJP) technology with focus on deposition and characterization of Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) materials and structures. The candidate will be a member of a fast-paced team developing this new deposition technology. The team consists of equipment design, process modeling, materials engineering, process engineering and support staff.
The process technician will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the OVJP tool, routine maintenance, analytical characterization, device testing and working with OVJP team to improve the hardware, software and OVJP process. The job may require gaining proficiency on more than one deposition system.
The primary responsibility is running OVJP tool on a day-to-day basis. This includes operating the tool, routine tool maintenance, filling material sources, and characterizing deposited films produced by the tool. The OVJP process technician is expected to contribute to hardware development of the OVJP tool by suggesting improvements to operating parameters, system designs and software.
As part of the OVJP team, you will help to:
- Develop and perform characterization techniques specific to goals of program
- Continuously improve the hardware and process to develop the technology
- Input and track statistical process controls for OVJP system
- Participate in group meetings to improve deposition technique
- AAS in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Math (or equivalent course work or work experience)
- Industrial experience in semiconductor device processing or epitaxy, preferably of OLED devices is preferred, but not required
- Experience working in class 1000 or better clean room and experience in maintenance of vacuum and semiconductor process equipment is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems individually and with a team
- Experience working with analytical tools such as a stylus profiler, optical microscope and AFM
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks, be adaptable to change and work in a fast-paced environment
*This is role is on our 2nd shift.
*Please do not apply if you have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Engineering, or a related field
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.