Process Technician (2nd Shift)
June 21, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Universal Display Corporation is seeking a second shift process technician to support the development of Organic Vapor-Jet Printing (OVJP) technology with focus on deposition and characterization of Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) materials and structures. The candidate will be a member of a fast-paced team developing this new deposition technology. The team consists of equipment design, process modeling, materials engineering, process engineering and support staff.
The process technician will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the OVJP tool, routine maintenance, analytical characterization, device testing and working with OVJP team to improve the hardware, software and OVJP process. The job may require gaining proficiency on more than one deposition system.
The primary responsibility is running OVJP tool on a day-to-day basis. This includes operating the tool, routine tool maintenance, filling material sources, and characterizing deposited films produced by the tool. The OVJP process technician is expected to contribute to hardware development of the OVJP tool by suggesting improvements to operating parameters, system designs and software.
As part of the OVJP team, you will help to:
- Develop and perform characterization techniques specific to goals of program.
- Continuously improve the hardware and process to develop the technology.
- Input and track statistical process controls for the OVJP system.
- Participate in group meetings to improve the deposition technique.
- Industrial experience in semiconductor device processing or epitaxy, preferably of OLED devices is preferred, but not required.
- Prefer Associate degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Math (or equivalent course work or work experience).
- Experience working in class 1000 or better clean room and experience in maintenance of vacuum and semiconductor process equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems individually and with a team.
- Experience working with analytical tools such as a stylus profiler, optical microscope and AFM.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks, be adaptable to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.