Process Engineer (Thin Films)
June 21, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Universal Display Corporation is seeking an experienced process engineer to support the development of Organic Vapor-Jet Printing (OVJP) technology with focus on deposition and characterization of Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) materials and structures. The candidate will be a member of a fast-paced team developing this new deposition technology as we proceed toward commercialization. The team performs equipment design, process modeling, materials science and engineering, process engineering, metrology and equipment operations. The process technician will be responsible for process development, structure designs, process parameter evaluation, characterization techniques and reporting of results, and must be able to work with a team to achieve results.
- Design experiments to improve the OVJP process and determine characteristics of OVJP deposited films, including efficiency, purity and lifetime.
- Develop and implement appropriate statistical process controls for the OVJP system and continuously feed into process development.
- Devise and develop characterization techniques to understand film morphology and device behavior.
- Work with technical team on OVJP operations and maintenance and understand tool operation.
- Report experimental results to team in regularly scheduled group meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Math
- 2-5 years of industrial experience with thin films, optical coatings, and photonics/semiconductor devices
- Experience working in class 1000 or better clean room and experience in maintenance of vacuum and semiconductor process equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with analytical tools such as a stylus profiler, optical microscope, ellipsometer, white-light interferometer and AFM.
- Experience implementing and using SPC, DOE and reporting software (such as JMP).
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems individually and with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks, be adaptable to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.