Pilot Line Technician – 2nd Shift
November 1, 2019
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey (in the greater Princeton area). In a uniquely-designed, 40,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
Pilot Line Technician – 2nd Shift
The Research Technician will operate vacuum deposition equipment including manual and robot island cluster tools in a class 100,000 Clean Room environment. The equipment is designed to fabricate OLEDs. The tools contain several components including metal and organic high vacuum deposition chambers. Tasks include:
• Maintain high vacuum deposition equipment including vacuum pumps, robot, vacuum chambers, and associated electrical equipment. This includes regular preventative maintenance tasks and cleaning procedures.
• Program fabrication recipes through a PC interface and custom software.
• Monitor deposition processes with manual intervention where necessary.
• Trouble shooting of deposition runs.
• Record and log fabrication procedures using a Microsoft Access database and hardcopy data sheets.
• Be prepared to work shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
• Interface with other team members scheduling the fabrication runs.
• Operate and maintain a nitrogen glovebox and encapsulation equipment.
• Assist with special projects, as needed.
• High School Diploma at minimum; AA degree preferred
• 3+ years of industrial experience in a research and development environment, and familiar with operating vacuum systems such as semiconductor processing
• Ability to read and interpret general technical information.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Experience with computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and familiar with various internet software programs
• Familiarity with MS Access is desirable
• Willingness to take independent actions and calculated risk
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Track record of gathering and analyzing information skillfully
• Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
• Track record of demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
• Driven to look for ways to improve and promote quality
• Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.