Payroll and Benefits Specialist
New Castle, Delaware
September 23, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will be located in Delaware at our subsidiary, Adesis, but report into UDC HQ and is responsible for payroll and benefits administration for Adesis. The successful incumbent must possess strong personable skills, great attention to details, and be a self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Update employee records, both in company HRIS (ExponentHR) and physical files, with changes in employment status, salary adjustments, job changes, or any other information as required
- Respond to employees’ queries in a timely manner
- Organization of employee files
- Stay up-to-date and comply with payroll/benefit laws, policies, and procedures
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll in ExponentHR
- Communicate with managers to ensure timely approvals of employee timesheets
- Process wage garnishments and other liens or levies
- Provide payroll register information and other necessary reports to Finance
- Guide managers and staff on use of payroll system
- Maintain various state unemployment and tax account and records
- Oversee Paid Time Off program in payroll system to remain consistent and compliant with corporate guidelines
- Respond to verification of employment requests
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments
- Respond to all unemployment claims on time
- Responsible for the administration of company benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, and other benefits
- Send the appropriate information to the benefits broker, CBIZ, regarding new enrollment, separations, life events, and address changes.
- Consults with employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to benefits
- Maintains benefits records and documents
- Assists in the preparation of employee benefits brochures and other employee benefit communications
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of benefit invoices with ExponentHR
- Initiate and maintain Workman’s Compensation claims and records
- Initiate and maintain Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Claims and records
- Leave management (FMLA, Parental Leave) requests and records
- Fidelity 401(k) administration. Adding new employees, updating records for leave and separation
- 2-5 years of relevant payroll and benefit experience.
- Degree in applicable field preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Payroll Professional Certification (CPP) preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems (ExponentHR preferred) and data management
- Experienced with Microsoft office suite, but specifically strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.