June 30, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Modeling Scientist will join a dynamic team for the development and commercialization of UDC’s novel Organic Vapor Jet Printing (OVJP) technology. This position will focus on design and modeling of this novel OLED deposition system. OVJP is a solvent-less, mask-less printing technology for manufacture of large area OLED displays. Candidate will be a member of a fast paced team developing this new deposition technology. The team consists of equipment design, process and hardware modeling, OLED device design, materials engineering, process engineering, precursor development and support staff.
The Modeling Scientist will be responsible for developing and modeling equipment designs and process parameters to evaluate OVJP technology as a production worthy process. Successful designs will be fabricated and tested in UDC’s pilot fabrication line.
- Working with OVJP team, design hardware sub-systems, process modules and evaluate across a range of process parameters to evaluate OVJP technology. Focus will be on scaling technology to production size equipment.
- Develop CFD models for source material delivery systems, including precursor saturation of gas streams, flow and pressure gradients and temperature profiles. Develop CFD models for exhaust and vacuum systems.
- Develop Monte Carlo models for high vacuum deposition sub-systems
- Report and discuss experimental results with team in regularly scheduled meetings
- Minimum Ph.D. in Chemical or Mechanical engineering, Materials Science, Physical Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Science or related study.
- Academic or industry experience in modeling of chemical processes and equipment using Computational Flow Dynamics and Monte Carlo simulation software.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems individually and work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills – will be accustomed to participating in high-level technical discussions, while at the same time, possessing the ability to discuss complex technology in clear discernable terms.
- Ability to create, manage, and communicate project plans and progress to meeting deliverables.
- Self-starter with intense desire and drive to “make things happen”.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.