September 23, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
UDC is seeking a mechanical engineer to support the development of its proprietary Organic Vapor Jet Printing (OVJP) technology. This role will be a member of a fast-paced team developing this exciting new deposition technology. The team performs equipment design, process modeling, materials science and engineering, metrology, OLED device characterization, process engineering and equipment operations. The mechanical engineer will interact with the OVJP team to bring this developing technology toward commercialization. The engineer must have experience with mechanical design and assembly. If you enjoy hands-on mechanical and maker activities, this position offers many opportunities to design and build hardware. Exposure to vacuum component or system design would be a bonus but is not required.
- Provide engineering design support to the design of R&D equipment
- Conceptualize mechanical design solutions
- Perform flow, finite element and thermal analysis on mechanical components/systems
- Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings
- Research and specify purchased component parts
- Design component and system level test plans and test fixtures
- Generate engineering reports documenting design/analysis efforts and results
- Identify improvement opportunities to R&D equipment
- Report progress on projects to team in regularly scheduled meetings
- Participate in group meetings and presents results
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or alternative applicable field of study
- 1 year of professional or internship experience
- Experience with Solidworks CAD and simulation software.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Great multitasking skills to tackle multiple projects simultaneously
- Hands-on experience (e.g. mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding) is highly desirable
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.