January 2, 2020
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
UDC is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey (in the greater Princeton area). In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
EHS Technician (2nd Shift)
The EHS Technician will be part of a team supporting the company’s overall facility, security and safety operations on our second shift. This position will be responsible for the front desk security (post 5:00 PM), facility walks during second shift, use of automated security systems, chase walks as necessary, and EHS support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute 2nd shift facility maintenance requests in a timely, safe manner in compliance with all EH&S guidelines.
- Respond to emergency situations and/or alarms and contact appropriate emergency services based upon situation
- Respond efficiently to facility emergencies to minimize equipment downtime
- EHS duties as required including but not limited to: EHS inspections, including but not limited to, emergency equipment, hazardous waste, and chemical storage, monitor and stock area PPE, first aid, and spill kit supplies, assist in closure of EHS-related concerns and actions, assist EHS Manager in assessment and audits, such as Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis, machine guarding assessments, LOTO assessments and audits, etc., assist in the entry and management of SDS (Safety Data Sheets), and respond to and escalate EHS incidents or concerns as necessary.
- Provides physical security of organization’s facility.
- Monitors activity on facility grounds to ensure safety of employees
- Observe for any conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- A minimum of high school diploma. Associate degree preferred. Equivalent experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting facility operations within a production/R&D environment
- Proficiency in basic office computer skills using Microsoft products
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools, instrumentation and work practices associated with building operations and maintenance facilities.
- Ability to frequently lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection as necessary.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.