May 10, 2021
Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials.
UDC is headquartered in the United States with subsidiaries in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, China, and Ireland. Our international team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world. Our proprietary technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product in the world, from smartwatches and tablets, to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team at UDC is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
Position Summary: The Corporate Counsel will report to UDC’s General Counsel and be responsible for providing advice and support on a variety of legal matters, with the ideal candidate having significant experience in commercial contracting and strong legal drafting and negotiating skills. The Corporate Counsel will work within a fast-paced and high-volume environment in UDC’s Legal Department, supporting both U.S.-based and international clients and operations.
In this key role, the candidate must have a strong work-ethic and be a self-starter who can work both independently and as a part of a highly collaborative team. The individual must be client-service focused and business-minded, with the ability to prioritize and execute on numerous projects simultaneously. The candidate must possess good judgment and be solutions-oriented, taking a hands-on and practical approach to the practice of law. Highly-effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to balance superior attention to detail while maintaining an awareness of the big picture are a must.
- Negotiate, draft, review and advise on all types of commercial agreements (including managing and updating of UDC templates), with an emphasis on customer supply and licensing agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, software and technology agreements, vendor agreements, leases and government contracts
- Serve as primary legal point of contact for divisions within the Company, interfacing frequently with senior business leaders of these divisions along with field-level sales and operations personnel
- Assist with corporate governance and securities matters if and as required, including drafting the Company’s annual proxy statement and annual report, preparing Section 16 filings, and drafting various types of minutes and consents and handling other legal entity-related matters
- Support UDC ethics and compliance programs, including the creation of compliance materials and company policies, and providing training on such matters and policies
- Counsel internal clients on commercial disputes, regulatory issues and interpretations, internal investigations, and employment and benefits matters
- Support on Company environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives, and serve as legal representative on related cross-functional teams
- Perform due diligence in connection with acquisitions and joint ventures, and provide support as needed on other Company strategic initiatives
- Efficiently and cost-effectively manage outside counsel retained to represent the Company on specified matters
- Perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of 3-6 years in a top law firm and/or sophisticated corporate legal department
- Current New Jersey bar admission in good standing, or admission in another jurisdiction with ability and interest in becoming licensed in New Jersey
- Technologically savvy and possesses a willingness to use technology to continually create efficiencies in legal-related processes, particularly in contract life-cycle management
- Ability to travel on a limited basis, when and if needed
- International/global experience a plus
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.