Control Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
March 17, 2023
OVJP Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in flat panel displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications. OVJP was formed to advance the commercialization of Universal Display’s (UDC) novel, mask-less, solvent-less OLED printing manufacturing platform. OVJP is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California.
OVJP Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on innovative research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company.
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
Summary and Responsibilities:
- Develop custom control algorithms, optimization routines and drive implementation for a host of dynamic motion systems and test stands.
- This role will partner with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software engineering to develop robust and highly customized control algorithms for OLED printing systems and supporting subsystems
- Control system design, analysis, and integration for system IO devices, linear motors, voice coils, and rotary servo motors.
- Prototype, develop, implement, debug, and characterize new control systems on real hardware
- Contribute to system architecture design and requirements
- Build and qualify prototypes of new designs and test for compliance with detailed specifications
- Contribute to the technical aspects of problem solving, failure analysis and corrective and preventative actions
- Adaptable to constant change and flexible to meet business needs
- BS/MS in an Engineering field (Electrical, Mechanical, Control Systems, or CS)
- 5+ years of related experience, including system implementation from concept to completion.
- Proficient documentation of engineering requirements and specifications based on analysis and validation
- Communicate Progress cross-functionally (written, verbal, and presentation)
- High level of overall system understanding to effectively troubleshoot and debug system issues
- Experience with advanced motion controllers, EtherCAT, Analog, DirectPWM servo drives.
- Experience with Python, C++
- Confident with source control in multiple developer projects (e.g., GIT)
- Experience with HIL Automation for testing and analysis
- Experience with developing / participating in EtherCAT Master stack Development a plus
- Provide input on component selection for OLED Motion platform (ADC, DAC, Encoders, Motors, Drives, and Vacuum related Components)
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in team environment across R&D and Operations
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
Salary range per year: $120,000/year to $180,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.