Control Systems Engineer
September 30, 2022
Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
The Control Systems Engineer will support the development of Organic Vapor-Jet Printing (OVJP) technology with focus on deposition and characterization of Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) materials and structures. This role will be part of a fast-paced team developing this new deposition technology as we proceed toward commercialization. The team performs equipment design, process modeling, software engineering, materials science and engineering, process engineering, metrology, and equipment operations. The control engineer will be responsible for control system electrical and software development for multiple R&D systems and support instruments.
- Take the lead Electrical Engineering role in a small group working on the research and development of the novel OVJP printing technology, including supporting existing equipment, and facilitating future upgrades and builds
- Work with the lead Software Engineer to aid in troubleshooting, bug-fixing, developing, and deployment of software to support and advance the OVJP technology across different platforms and languages.
- Work with technical team on OVJP operations and maintenance and understand tool operation
- Have a “hands-on” approach to solving problems at the systems in the lab and remotely
- BS in Electrical Engineering and a minor or experience in Computer Science with 5-7 years of relevant work experience. Alternatively, we will consider a MS in Electrical Engineering and a minor or experience in Computer Science with 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with software development on Windows with C#, C++, VB.Net or/and LabView
- Experience with Structured Text (ST) or Ladder Logic (LL) and SQL is a plus
- Experience with communication protocols (Modbus, DeviceNet, etc.) and control of various process/instrumentation equipment is a plus
- Experience with Windows configuration and administration, and software deployment is a plus
- Industrial experience with systems and computer engineering, especially in the semiconductor industry, is a plus
- Experience working in class 1000 or better clean room and experience in maintenance of vacuum and semiconductor process equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems individually and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks, be adaptable to change, work in a fast-paced environment, and show the ability to learn new skills
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.